SilphCreatorSilphCreator

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Wesker's Report Wesker's Report

Best thing on Newgrounds

Uneblievable. and I gained a new catchphrase. Whenever I make a mess of things and everyone's like, DUDE WTF, I'll just say "Don't worry; it was all part of my plan"

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

A fifty-fifty debate

Well in your film you discussed both the bad and the somewhat good of video games. But some of your arguments have holes in them.
Firstly, I'll explain my experiences with video games.

I grew up on them. When I was young we had both Sega and Nintendo in my house and that's when I had to choose between Sonic and Mario. Well Sonic won and this isn't important but what is important is that video games have always been a major part of my life.

And I'll admit to having wasted a lot of time on them. I mean, I was during exams and all I could do was play Final Fantasy XII. It would have been a problem if I had failed, yeah, but I didn't. Actually, I did excellently.
This is what it all boils down to: video games are, like anything else, an addiction. You, as an individual, need to know how to moderate your activities. If you are an alcoholic then sure you'll become overweight and lose out on many of life's opportunities because you were simply too drunk, didn't know how to manage your problem and therefore weren't able to participate socially and professionally. What if you're addicted to reading? The same thing will happen. Reading, watching films, playing video games... they're all forms of escapism with neither one of them being worse than the other. The danger is losing face with your life and your priorities, but, essentially, the responsibility rests on your shoulders. You have to understand what is most important.
I agree with you that there is absolutely no value in playing or beating a video game. It's as if you made up your own lottery, bought a ticket, won, and paid yourself. It contributes nothing to your skills and ideals. What is important, though, is the same thing video games give you like books and good films and brilliant artworks or moving graphic novels: inspiration.
I am at university now, majoring in Actuarial Science, but before I had a colossal shift from art to maths, I wanted to be a graphic designer. I had photoshop and a graphics tablet and I had video games to fuel my inspiration. The characters I manifested were inspiration of those I had seen in video games. Good video games are an art in themselves: They have immersive storylines that make you think and express your subjective ideas and opinions. A window of adventure is, in its most basic form, what gaming offers you. If you are dynamic, you will gain wisdom from other people's mechanism for telling a story and branch out from that. You cannot simply stamp video games as a time-consuming valueless activity because video games, like books and films, have value, and the amount you can derive from them depends solely on your intellect and ambition. Major changes in the world do not usually appear as a result of years of gradual planning, but as a momental idea; a surge of creativity. If something is profound enough to fuel your thought processes then it has value, no matter what its source. Gaming has helped me develop a critical thought process and powerful creative insight to the world, because it's not just a piece of mechanical bits and busses, it's a story: a story told by someone intelligent enough to develop something intriguing and to market it in such a way that the concept itself envelops countless people throughout the world in a collaborative fashion - gaming brings people together, as you so stated.

Gaming has value. You just need to know what value is essential and when not to indulge in gaming. At school I played for countless hours. As the work became harder and more time-consuming, I played less and less. Now, I hardly play, because I know that getting a degree is more important. You can blame the games as much as you can blame the alcohol or the drugs. It personal responsibility that is most important.

One day, though, I'll play again, because the escapist value can make something within me tick, something can change, an idea can be born. Games are stories. Games are fun. Games have value. And most of all, I like em.

I liked the animation of the flash and I don't like WOW either so I liked the burning HAHA! Mermaids.

F U Clock - P.I. F U Clock - P.I.

Awesome!

You're my favourite clock because of works of art like these.

The Clock Day Party The Clock Day Party

Legend

Seriously, awesome. Traditional clock crew at its best. Violence, random killing, and microsofts sam lucy brett. People are trying to voice the clocks by themselves lately, and while it's sometimes pretty good, it's nice to get back to grass roots level and enjoy some mind numbing awesome.

Mr_Artist meets SBC Mr_Artist meets SBC

uhhh

i dont like it what these people are doing to sephiroth
LEAVE HIM ALONE goddamit!!!

biblo responds:

that's not sephiroth. it's mr_artist dressed up as sephiroth

GoldenClockvs Mr_Artist 2 GoldenClockvs Mr_Artist 2

humanising sephiroth is wrong

nice music tho

MonsterMunchClock responds:

Sephiroth wears his mother's underwear at parties!

FF: Mixed in Balamb2(3/3) FF: Mixed in Balamb2(3/3)

It Sort of Loomed compared to the others

It wasn't that funny, and was insanely short...
The graphics were pretty nice but the others made me explode with fits of laughter :P

The Cartoon Parody! The Cartoon Parody!

I could use that space on my Internet for more use

It sucked and seriously didn't have any storyline. It was just an attempt to showoff you flash drawings of cartooon characters, but no characters are funny or cool unless they have a good story and script

carmelhadinosaur responds:

Absolutly right.

The Quest For Blorg The Quest For Blorg

WIKKID

Yeah I love the clock crew!!! I will watch any movis that looks cool and this one was wikkid!!

CabbageClock responds:

THE JUNGLE IS MASSIVE.

z(OLD MOVIE) Hamtaro z(OLD MOVIE) Hamtaro

IT kinda sucked...

IT was too short and it wasn't entirely funny, a waste of a megabyte